Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Tamil New Year - 2008

First of all, may this new year bring happiness,porsperity and peace all lives in this universe.

Waking up to soemthing new is always interesting. Running mundane tasks, living a mechanical life is really boring and uninteresting for anyone, though some less expect changes but definitely welcome changes on a postive side. A thought all of a sudden popped up in my mind to invite Maha,Vidhya and Rahul for dinner tonight. Though it was a bit surprise for them Maha and Vidhya accepted the offer immediately. But Rahul had a bit tough situation and so he was unable to make it. I was all in good mood and tried to plan an interesting menu so that it would make the home food deprived people a good chance to taste my menu. Infact I had already started to prepare sambar by the time I called them. I know Potato curry is a favouite dish for anyone in India. So I decided to make a pulao (using green peas and coconut milk), potato curry and as Maha demanded I soad urad dal to make vada rathaer I should say bonda just because it could be of any shape.

I had just made my grocery shopping from ASDA and hence had most of teh stuff at home. But there were a couple of items that I had to buy. So I rushed to the tesco express at chesterton road to grab some crisps, yogurt, peppers and oil. They were supposed to start at around 4 PM from Reading so that they would reach cambridge at around 6.30 - 7.00. I thought we could have a good chat before dinenr and enjoy the dinner and may be catch up with a movie. So I headed to prepare the Pulao, boiled the potatoes. But when I received a call from Vidhya it was around 6.50 PM and they were at Kings Cross and the train had just started for Cambridge. It would take about an hour to reach cambridge and 10 mins from the station to my home. So I expected them around 8.15 PM.

I prepared teh potato curry, raita and started the bondas when they arrived. They were damn hungry that they reached the dining table and we started our dinner. They were very happy atleast that's the expression that I saw in their faces. After dinner we watched some videos in you tube and had a chat before we hit the bed at around 1 AM.

I am planinng to get the metal dice from India this time so that we could play dayakaatai when we all meet. It would be a great time pass.

And today, is an ususal monday morning but teh difference was that Maha and Vidhya were here. Maha made scrambled eggs and vidhya used teh left over dough to make some more vadas for teh morining so tahtw e could have that woith the sambar.
I booked teh taxi for them back to train station.

I should have called them on friday or saturday...but the happiness and sharung is more when we meet for a short time rather than for 2 long days. May be I should organise a 2 day trip to some interesting place in UK during teh long weekend in May.

No comments: