Sunday, May 28, 2006

Travelogue - Munnar

Trip to Munnar :
In Short - Started from B'lore on 26/5/2006 by KSRTC
Route - Bangalore - Thrissur- Cochin(Ernkulam)
Kerala SRTC - Cochin - Adimali- Munnar - Deshadhan Hill Resort
Return: 28/5/20006
TNSRTC - Munnar-Maraiyur-Udumalipettai-Coimbatore(ukkadam)
Southern Railways - Coimbatore Junction-Thirupattur-Bangalore.

In Detail :

My cousin sis and bro are spending thier hlidays with thir family. I joined them for their trip to Munnar. So I initially booked the tkts from B'lore to Coimbatore and return not knowing that it is very far from CBE. tehn I cancelled my 'to' tkt and booked it in KSRTC from B'lore to Cochin on 26/5 at 1430 hrs.
Started from office at around 1245hrs, took an auto to the majestic bus stand. Expect the unexpected- the auto broke down near kemp for in airport orad and I took another auto from there to majestic. I had to cancel the earlier booked tkt to coimbatore. The queues in the counters for reservation/cancellation were very big so waited for 5 mins in the counter where the KSRTC person was yet to arrive.
Sometime I behave very impatiently. A foreigner in the KSRTC bus stand counter ueue was standing jus before my turn..I tried move to side near the counter and he said "I AM WAITING IN THE QUEUE". I said "OK" and stood behind him for my turn. And as expected I gave my tickts for cancellation, the officer went to another counter and gave the tkt, which ofcourse was not cancelled and the gave me the refund. The point here is that they would sell the tkt to the same price to another person. Anyway, I got my refund and also was least bothered if they resell the tickets as I didnt have enough time to argue with them.
I boarded the bus at 1420hrs.My seat number was "1" and had enough legroom and it was a semi-sleeper bus.

No comments: