Friday, January 19, 2007

French - Lunch

Doesn't it sound rhythmic ? I am not gonna write about the french food that I had for Lunch(ofcourse I did not have). I dont know why French is preferred next to English to the International community- Am I assuming so ?. Is it because the french are 'Romantic' or is it a musical language ? I did a beginner's course in French in Alliance Francaise de Madras in 2003 and after that I never even touched a french book or spoke a french word.
One of my colleague joined recentlyand is from France. It seems many of our colleagues expressed interest in learning french (ofcourse for free) from a french person through a casual lucnch discussion. This afternoon was once such lunch session and accidently ( rather luckily) I was there on the next table having my lunch. So I jus jumped to refresh my french and I understood that my french was far beyond the beginner's level. I have to improve a lot.
And also she gave us a cake afte the session (may be a french cake prepared by her).
So I am planning to attend such french-lunch session regularly in the future.

No comments: