Sunday, October 21, 2007

Marinated fish fry - My style

Tried my hand for the first time on a non-veg dish. But to my surprise it turned out to be delicious :)
I prepared this dish at my friend Prem's place for lunch.
Here is the recipe.

Ingredients :
Salmon fish
Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1 tbsp
red chilli powder - 1 1/4 tbsp
madras curry powder - 1/2 tbsp
salt - to taste
onions - 1/2 cut lengthwise
green chillies - 1
turmeric powder - 3/4 tbsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
dhania powder - 1/2 tbsp
oil - to deep fry

Procedure :

Cut the Salmon in to reasonable small pieces (e.g like 6-7 cm pieces) after washing thoroughly.
Add turmeric powder,garam masala,red chilli powder,madras curry powder,dhania powder,salt,yogurt and ginger garlic paste to the fish. Mix it well with hands and keep it aside for 1.5 hrs ( cover it woth a foil if available).

Now after 1.5 hrs heat the tawa and pour oil liberally ( dont be too calorie conscious if you wanna tasty dish ;) ).
When the oil is heated put this marinated salmon with the masala on the tawa and fry it for 5 mins. After 5 mins turn the pieces to the other side and fry it well.
Now after 5 mins add the cut onions and chillies and after a minute take the tawa out of the heat and place the fried fish pieces and half fried onion and chillies in a bowl and it is ready to serve.

Unfortunately I didnt take a picture of what I prepared but believe me it was very tasty :).

No comments: