Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend Galataa!

On Saturday I pormised to drop one of my friend from Cambridge to Hounslow. Having bought a car here I am trying to exploit every opportunity to drive on the motorways and long distance. I called one of my roomies tempting him about the food in Southall which is just 3.5 miles from Hounslow.He was also thirlled to have good non veg dishes in Southall.

After taking a bunch of printouts for the route in google maps with exact street location we started at aroung half past one in the afternoon to pick my friend up who has to leave to Hounslow. We took the motorway M11 to London and when we reached the end of the motorway (M11) the map that we had and the round abouts didnt match.We were confused and headed in the wrong direction.We then enquired the route in a petrol bunk, a supermarket to find the correct way. I dorve to central London by taking a wrong route.

Luckily we took my other roomie's map book and we tried to navigate the way using that. Atlast we reached the desired destination at around seven in the evening. We had good Biriyani,Naan,Channa masala and some sweets there, dropped my friend in his new accomodation and then started the way back home. The way back home was pretty easier and straight forward so we did not have any problems.
We reached hoem at around quarter past 10. It was a good experience but I should fully understand teh route before lanning for a long trip.

No comments: