Friday, December 08, 2006

Unclaimed Leg



Underground Day travel card. Right from childhood I enjoy travelling by train/bus. During childhood days we (my mom,bro and me) used to go to my granny's place by train and my bro used to be very mischievious. I very well remember that one day my mom tooks from one end to the other in the madras Sub urban train. We were really fascinated and we tried to remember all the station names in the correct order and my mom would get us FIVE STAR chocolate for that.
The next regular trip was during my college days. For four full years I travelled by the Madras Suburban trains to reach college. We fought,cracked jokes,ragged,made new friends and what not during our train journey. That was the next stage.
And then comes the train travel from Bangalore to Chennai for around two years atleast once in a month.Many times I travelled with friends and sometime alone.So for the last 24 years I have been travelling by Indian Railways (Madras Suburban/Southern Railways).
I really cherish those memories. Now having been lucky to travel by the London Underground as well I am really excited and would love to grab any opportunity to travel by th Underground.Will try to continue about my train travel experiences and the guys whom I met in my train journey and became friends.

No comments: