Monday, August 07, 2006

Colchester - Zoo

Getting setlled in Cambridge now..was feeling a bit bad that I didnt have any good company to roam aroung U.K. My friend is jus now married and I didnt want to disurb the couple. So I was planning to go to Ely. I got a call from from my friend's wife and she said let's plan to go to Colchester zoo tomorrow (saturday 5-Aug-2006). I was happy and said OK..we checked the bus timings and train timings and at 9 o clock in the night we came to know that I wouldnt be able to catch the train the next morining becos the first bust from Cambourne (the place where I live) is at 7:55 AM and it would take approx. 4 mins to reach teh station.
So my friend offered a choice to come and stay in his home that night so that we can start early the next Morning.I reached my friend's place in a place called Cherry Hinton in cambridge at 1115 pm. So we planned to get up at 0530 in the morning and get ready to catch the train at 0815.

Next day:
My friend's wife jus stopped the alarm when it rang and slept asusual forgetting abt the plan. I happened to wake up at 6:30 and also woke them up. We got ready in few mins..and she packed idiyappam for break fast. We took a cab and were happy to reach the station and board teh train which was about to leave.We were lucky in seconds.
We had to change train in Ipswich and take another train to colchester.
We reached colchester station at aroung 0945 and took a taxi to the zoo. The zoo was very big We were given a map and the zones were created besed on the continents. We sa all kind og animals like orangutans,chimanzees, wolves, hunting dogs, sealion,penuins,warthos...etc etc..
I havent seen such a big zoo.
We spent almost 6 hrs and we were lucky to see the sealion feeding and a performance by them. It was just amazing. We had some fries,chips,butter croissants in the zoo.
We left the zoo at around 1630 , ook a cab to the tation and reached cambridge.
This was my first trip in the UK after come here almost a month before.
The zoo was really amazing and it's worth spending the money.

No comments: