Thursday, September 28, 2006

PUNTING

After 3 months of staying in cambridge and seeing the Cam rver for many times only today I got an opportunity to PUNT. It was PUNTING day in office ( it seems this is celebrated every year in my office) and as I am a new starter here I joined them for Punting. Infact I havent started talking to many people @ office so was a bit reluctant to ask for a lift when ppl. started early from office today to punt and barbecue. When my manager asked me if I could join for the barbecue I immediately agreed. Actually I was waiting for someone to ask me that. So didnt have the fun of punting in the eveing but atleast enjoyed punting the way back.
I am really impressed on the way the English people enjoy their life. This cam river is very beautiful and it was fun to punt. Actually I didn't punt the boatbut I paddled with the oar. I got to talk to a lot of new people and this is my first opportunity to get to know more abt my colleagues. Initially when we started to punt we didnt do it well ,we were going in a zig zag manner and every othe rpunt overtook us. But later, after quite some time we got the tctics and were able to over take others. There were native english ppl (cambridge ppl) who were really experts. Also few of our BIG bosses who have come to cambs for meeting us joined the punting activity. On the whole it was a lot of fun with punting,barbecue and beer and was a good opportunity for me to enjoy as well a get to know people. Will try to post some snap

No comments: